Apr 01, 2020
Radiologic technologists, also known as “rad techs,” perform diagnostic imaging examinations using computerized equipment such as x‐rays and MRIs. They assist patients to be positioned correctly for the test procedure. They also maintain imaging equipment. Most radiologic technicians work in hospitals.
This degree is offered in collaboration with Mid Michigan Community College and is not awarded by West Shore Community College. For that reason, this program on its own is not Financial Aid eligible through WSCC.
All courses must be completed with a “C” or better and ANP 230 & ANP 231 with a “B‐” or better. All science courses must be completed within 5 years of starting the program at Mid Michigan Community College. Prerequisites for this program may be repeated only once.
Courses by Placement/Transfer
The following courses may be prerequisites for your program depending upon your placement scores or transfer evaluation. Advisors can assist you to integrate these into your program of study during your first semester at West Shore. Contact Student Services at 231.843.5510.
West Shore Community College Classes
Total: 17 Credit Hrs | 19 Contact Hrs
Total: 14 Credit Hrs | 16 Contact Hrs
Mid‐Michigan Community College Classes (taken at Mid‐Michigan)
- RAD 100 - Introduction to Radiologic Technology 3 credit hrs
- RAD 110 - Radiation Physics 3 credit hrs
- HUM 200 - Modernity & Culture 3 credit hrs
- RAD 115 - Principles of Radiographic Exposure 3 credit hrs
- RAD 130 - Radiographic Procedures I 3 credit hrs
- SSC 200 - The Social Sciences & Contemporary America 3 credit hrs
- RAD 175 - Radiographic Procedures II 3 credit hrs
- RAD 180 - Clinical Experience I 6 credit hrs
Spectrum Health Ludington Hospital Classes
- RAD 201 - Clinical Issues in Radiography I 2 credit hrs
- RAD 205 - Clinical Experience II 7 credit hrs
- RAD 211 - Sectional Anatomy 1 credit hr
- RAD 213 - Radiation Protection 1 credit hr
- RAD 215 - Radiation Biology 1 credit hr
- RAD 217 - Radiologic Techniques II 2 credit hrs
- RAD 221 - Clinical Issues in Radiography II 2 credit hrs
- RAD 230 - Radiographic Quality Assurance 1 credit hr
- RAD 250 - Clinical Experience III 7.5 credit hrs